Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 8 Travel day

We almost got an early start this morning.  After leaving the campsite we drove separately down the hill to the CC entrance.  After hooking up the car to tow I noticed that I left the 90 degree adapter on the water intake.  This made me remember that I also forgot to take the pressure reducer when I disconnected the water hose.  LOL  Had to walk all the way back up to the site and back to retrieve the gadget. We have a detailed checklist to use when we get the RV ready to take on a trip.  I need to make up one to use when we break camp.  the day was overcast.  Ran into some heavy fog on I-64 west in West Va.  Also rained most of the way up the West Virginia turnpike.  When we pulled into the Ashland/Huntington West KOA about 3 pm  we finally saw blue sky.  This KOA is convienient to I-64 at exit 179.  I would recommend it for an overnight stay if you need one.  Tomorrow we head west to Louisville Ky.  We will be staying at the Louisville South KOA.  Will be touring that area of Kentucky as well as visiting with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment